Our website stores information on your device
Our website uses ‘local storage’ and ‘cookies’ to distinguish you from other users, and remember your choices. With local storage, websites can store data locally within your browser. Cookies are small files that a website can store on your computer. These technologies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. For more information about cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Use of local storage/cookies:
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- You can block the use of local storage and cookies altogether by adjusting settings on your browser accordingly.
Our commitment, first and foremost, is to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients as we understand this is important in establishing trust and confidence between us.
This policy, together with our Terms of Website Use, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We gather information about you for the purpose of serving you better. We cannot do our job properly without having a comprehensive understanding of your financial objectives. The information we gather originates from a variety of sources:
- Information provided by you directly (e.g. registration forms, records of correspondence with you);
- Details of your visits to our site (e.g. traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data);
- Information provided by you indirectly (e.g. information provided by your custodian, tax adviser and other advisers); and
- Information that is publicly available (e.g. newspapers, the Internet, etc.).
Transmission and storage of Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and so any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, this information will be stored in accordance with the FCA rules and the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). Information is kept mostly in electronic form, but certain forms are stored in paper form as well. We will use strict procedures and security features to safeguard your personal information and do our utmost to prevent unauthorised access. Access to such information is restricted to those members of staff who are trained in the proper handling of client information.
We will not sell any information obtained about you nor will we share your personal information with our service providers. We may, however, share information with regulatory or other public authorities or other third parties if we are required to do so by law, or in order to enforce or apply our legal rights in our Terms of Website Use or otherwise. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also share your personal information with any entity that is connected with us.
Use of Information
In order to provide services to you we will need to hold personal information about you that might be held in physical or electronic form.
We limit the use of client information to what we reasonably believe will help us to deliver a superior service, administer our business, manage our risks and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
In particular, you agree that we may process, transfer and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with services which may include us making data available to our agents for the purpose of executing orders, settling any resulting transactions, holding investments and money for you or any other related purpose. You agree that this may include transmitting data to third parties including our nominees and agents who may be outside the European Economic Area should you as us to execute an order relating to an overseas investment and that this may not be subject to the same level of protection;
- Notifying you of changes to our services;
- Verifying your identity for the purpose of detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing; and
- Complying with any contractual obligations, a court orders, regulatory requirements of, or requests by, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Revenue & Customs (or any other such body or organisation).
We do not discuss any client related issues with members of the press. Occasionally, we may attend or present at industry conferences. During such events, no reference to our client relationships will be made, not even on a “no names” basis.
We will never sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you have reason to believe that our records contain inaccurate or misleading information about you, please inform us immediately.